“Look at What I Did”

Kellyanne Conway will step down from her role as White House counsel (previously, she was Donald Trump’s third campaign manager, following Paul Manafort and Corey Lewandowski) at the end of this month to spend more time with her family (she promises ‘less drama, more mama’). Her husband, DC lawyer George Conway, will step away from his role in the Lincoln Project (previously). He added that he’ll continue to support the project ‘passionately.’ These announcements came as good news to at least one person–daughter Claudia Conway, 15, who announced yesterday that she was seeking emancipation from her parents. Kellyanne, George, and Claudia all mentioned taking a break from social media.
posted by box (19 comments total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
Nihilistic grifters, both of them. They’ll be using this as the jumping off point for new scams shortly, I’m sure.
posted by ryanshepard at 7:56 AM on August 24 [3 favorites]
“It is the business of the young to push the old off the planet.”–Frank McCourt
posted by Melismata at 8:00 AM on August 24 [4 favorites]
Just to be pedantically clear, she is/was not the White House Counsel (the president’s lawyer), that’s this winner.

She is one of a number of people who hold positions relatively unique in prominence to this administration which I think could reasonably be described as “Trump stroker”.
posted by selfnoise at 8:01 AM on August 24 [3 favorites]

All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.
posted by Foci for Analysis at 8:01 AM on August 24 [3 favorites]
posted by selfnoise at 8:02 AM on August 24 [1 favorite]
Sending her an invite to /r/raisedbynarcissists.
posted by all about eevee at 8:12 AM on August 24 [2 favorites]
I hope Kellyanne asked her family whether they would like to spend more time with her.
posted by springo at 8:12 AM on August 24 [8 favorites]
I’ve stayed close to their daughter’s social media, because I was in a terrifying abusive childhood once, and I know the signs. A guy I used to date is close to the family and we broke up over our difference of opinion (final straw) because I kept screaming to him “something is wrong here!” and he wanted to write her off as a troubled bratty teen. I begged someone to help me emancipate when I was in danger. I have a CPS record a mile long. Before we make our regular jokes. Please, remember yourself as a kid, and imagine living with those two people.
posted by lextex at 8:14 AM on August 24 [19 favorites]
I’m really worried about Claudia’s wellbeing going forward from this place. She said she has endured neglect from her father, and physical abuse from her mother. Now she’s home alone with both of them, after embarrassing them on an international stage. I hope to god that she has a way of reaching out for help if she needs help.
posted by headspace at 8:25 AM on August 24 [2 favorites]
Sending her an invite to /r/raisedbynarcissists.

RIGHT??? That was my first thought as well. Good luck to her, and I hope she gets the support that she needs.
posted by Rock ’em Sock ’em at 8:26 AM on August 24 [3 favorites]
“To spend more time with (their) family” has always meant “fired or forced to quit”. And frankly I’m amazed that Kellyanne was able to stay in Trump’s circle for this long when her husband’s been trolling Trump nonstop for a couple years now.

The timing seems curious, too, that this canning occurred at the same time George has “stepped away” from The Lincoln Project (which he cofounded), all on the first day of the GOP Convention. It has the whiff of the Conways getting strong-armed, and I wonder whether the Lincoln Project’s been neutered.
posted by at by at 8:27 AM on August 24 [4 favorites]

I kind of wish Claudia hadn’t declared a twitter break. When I saw this news yesterday, I worried that she would end up in the kind of boarding school where two huge men snatch you out of your bed in the middle of the night to go there. I have a feeling that these are not too curtailed by COVID.

There may be a layer of the Trump administration at which it is possible to be a good parent as well as a government flack, but Kellyanne is not at it.
posted by Countess Elena at 8:27 AM on August 24 [2 favorites]

I was aware of the adult Conways latest news, unaware about the daughter wanting to emancipate herself from them. No jokes – even if both parents are perfectly pleasant human beings within the walls of their house and when interacting with their daughter, I cannot imagine being at the center of that particular political maelstrom.

I hope she is allowed to emancipate herself or find some other arrangement that gets her out of that.
posted by jzb at 8:28 AM on August 24 [1 favorite]

I applaud any parent working on their relationship with their child, no matter how much I may disagree with them. I can’t begin to imagine their situation. I hope they can all get somewhere better.
posted by showall at 8:29 AM on August 24
The Lincoln Project dropped an ad today that calls Trump and Kushner evil, so somebody’s at least still making them.
posted by box at 8:30 AM on August 24 [2 favorites]
Rats, sinking ship, etc.
posted by orange swan at 8:32 AM on August 24
selfnoise: “Also for some reason this whole family saga makes me think of this Mountain Goats song (yeah, the one you’re probably thinking of as well).

Huh, I was actualy thinking of The Best Ever Death Metal Band In Denton .
posted by signal at 8:37 AM on August 24

The Cut has a good article summarizing the drama from daughter Claudia’s point of view. The poor girl is 15 and deserves to be in a loving family and left alone. I admire how she’s seized the spotlight and become a newsmaker in her own way, apparently as a cry for help. But I hope it’s only temporary and she has somewhere safe to be with people who love her.

Sometimes I wonder how Barron Trump is doing. He’s 14 now. Everyone’s respected the idea of keeping him entirely out of the media, even his father only barely mentions him. That’s probably for the best. I’m reminded a bit of the Leave Chelsea Alone campaign when things got ugly in the Clinton years. (Starring guest appearance by Rush Limbaugh.)
posted by Nelson at 8:42 AM on August 24

I get the impulse, but there is a large chance that someone who has shown herself to be very verbally abusive is, in fact, abusing her daughter. You might see those of us with abusive families, particularly, reacting poorly to the idea that any parent trying to “fix” anything with their child–according to that parent’s own, possibly fucked up standards–is inherently good. Sometimes it’s just more abuse.
posted by Rock ’em Sock ’em at 8:42 AM on August 24

دیدگاهتان را بنویسید

hacklink al hd film izle php shell indir siber güvenlik türkçe anime izle Fethiye Escort android rat duşakabin fiyatları fud crypter hack forum instagram beğeni bayan escort - vip elit escort GorabetRestbetVdcasinoKlasbahishtml nullednulled themesEnobahis GirişBetizm Girişgates of olympus oynaMobil Ödeme BozdurmaMobil Ödeme BozdurmaLevitraMobil Ödeme BozdurmaMobil Ödeme BozdurmaMobil Ödeme Bozdurma Vodafone Mobil Ödeme Bozdurma