Perhaps “living in the now” isn’t a real thing

past-ten asks writers and artists like X. H. Collins, Cal Louise Phoenix, S. Evan Stubblefield, Abigail Thomas, Rex Ybañez, Caleb Curtiss, and Jasminum McMullen What were you doing on this day ten years ago?
posted by youarenothere (8 comments total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
I tried to figure out what I was doing 10 years ago today. Nothing in my Facebook memories. No tweets. Nothing in my email. Nothing in my google calendar. So, nothing?

If a tree falls in the forest and there’s no internet app to log it, did it make a sound?
posted by jacquilynne at 1:55 PM on August 23

Whatever the hell I was doing, it had to be better than this.
posted by jenfullmoon at 2:23 PM on August 23 [2 favorites]
Whatever the hell I was doing, it had to be better than this.

I cackled at the beautiful distaste of this; what a great one-sentence poem for the year.
posted by youarenothere at 3:13 PM on August 23 [3 favorites]

August 23, 2010 was a Monday, so I likely went to work and then went home.
posted by Automocar at 4:01 PM on August 23
Heck, the best days are the days when nothing happens. I miss them.
posted by kinnakeet at 5:12 PM on August 23 [1 favorite]
That was a job, several moves, and an emotional lifetime ago. There are a few things about that old life I miss, but [gestures at global shitshow] aside, I am doing somewhat better now than then.
What did I do on that specific day?
I probably read that Spoon Theory article. I don’t have any specific memories of the date, so who knows?
posted by Mister Moofoo at 7:32 PM on August 23
The same thing I do everyday: Try to take over the world.
posted by lipservant at 7:56 PM on August 23 [5 favorites]
I have a blog that’s nearly 22 years old now, so generally speaking I can account for every day since 1998. Unusually for me, however, for the month of August, 2010, I was on hiatus from the blog (it was being written by guest bloggers). However, I was on Twitter on this day in 2010, and on that day I was at the Darke County Fair, at which I a) watched my daughter participate in a 4H cookie baking contest, b) ate a deep fried pickle, c) threw up after riding the ferris wheel. What a day!
posted by jscalzi at 5:33 AM on August 24

tinyurlis.gdv.gdv.htclck.ruulvis.netshrtco.detny.im

دیدگاهتان را بنویسید

hacklink al hd film izle php shell indir siber güvenlik türkçe anime izle Fethiye Escort android rat duşakabin fiyatları fud crypter hack forum instagram beğeni bayan escort - vip elit escort GorabetRestbetVdcasinoKlasbahishtml nullednulled themesEnobahis GirişBetizm Girişgates of olympus oynaMobil Ödeme BozdurmaMobil Ödeme BozdurmaLevitraMobil Ödeme BozdurmaMobil Ödeme BozdurmaMobil Ödeme Bozdurma Vodafone Mobil Ödeme Bozdurma